At Rapid Capabilities Int (Pty) Ltd through our platforms and websites, your privacy is important to us, your personal information is held in high esteem. We respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect from you across this website and other sites we own and operate.
The purpose of this policy is to describe how we collect, store, use, and protect your personal information. It is also to describe the choices available to you regarding our use of your personal information and how you can access and update this information.
We will not sell, share or give away any of your private information to anyone without your consent.
At CentralTrumpet website you are in total control of who you choose to share your information with, including photos, videos, or any other personally identifying information or sensitive data.
Every user of this platform must ensure that any information posted or shared on this platform does not violate the privacy of others or the copyrights of others. Where such violations are discovered, the user accounts shall be deleted.
By continuing to use CentralTrumpet website, you agree to abide by the terms of this policy which is based on the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 (POPIA).
As soon as you signup the first thing you should do is to manage your privacy settings. When you do not adjust your privacy settings you agree to the default settings.
Information we collect
When you visit our website, our servers may automatically log the standard data provided by your web browser. It may include your computer’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, your browser type and version, the pages you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on each page, and other details.
We may also collect data about the device you’re using to access our website. This data may include the device type, operating system, unique device identifiers, device settings, and geo-location data. What we collect can depend on the individual settings of your device and software. We recommend checking the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider to learn what information they make available to us.
We may ask for personal information, such as your:
- Social media profiles
- Date of birth
- Phone/mobile number
If you register for or log into our services using third party credentials (e.g. Google or Facebook), we will import your information from such third party to help create your account with us.
Legal bases for processing
We will process your personal information lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner according to the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013. We collect and process information about you only where we have legal bases for doing so. These legal bases depend on the services you use and how you use them, meaning we collect and use your information only where:
- It’s necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract (for example, when we provide a service you request from us);
- It satisfies a legitimate interest (which is not overridden by your data protection interests), such as for research and development, to market and promote our services, and to protect our legal rights and interests;
- It is necessary to detect fraud, including fraudulent payments and fraudulent use of our platforms.
- It fulfills contractual obligations with third parties, for example licensing agreements and to take appropriate action with respect to reports of intellectual property infringement and inappropriate content;
- We process your payment;
- You give us consent to do so for a specific purpose (for example, you might consent to us sending you our newsletter); or
- We need to process your data to comply with a legal obligation.
Where you consent to our use of information about you for a specific purpose, you have the right to change your mind at any time (but this will not affect any processing that has already taken place).
We don’t keep personal information for longer than is necessary. While we retain this information, we will protect it within commercially acceptable means to prevent loss and theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. That said, we advise that no method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure and we cannot guarantee absolute data security. If necessary, we may retain your personal information for our compliance with a legal obligation or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.
Your password protects your user account, so please use a strong password that is unique to your CentralTrumpet account, never share your password with anyone, limit access to your computer and browser, and log out after having used the CentralTrumpet Platform.
Collection and use of information
We may collect, hold, use and disclose information for the following purposes and personal information will not be further processed in a manner that is incompatible with these purposes:
- To enable you to customize or personalize your experience of our website;
- To enable you to access and use our website, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- To contact and communicate with you;
- For internal record keeping and administrative purposes;
- For analytics, market research and business development, including to operate and improve our website, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- To run competitions and/or offer additional benefits to you;
- For advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about our products and services and information about third parties that we consider may be of interest to you;
- To comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have; and
- To consider your employment application.
Information available to public
The following personal data will always be publicly available on the CentralTrumpet platform: your name and/or username, profile picture, who you follow and who follows you on CentralTrumpet platform, your public posts.
Disclosure of personal information to third parties
We may disclose personal information to:
- Third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services, including (without limitation) IT service providers, data storage, hosting and server providers, ad networks, analytics, error loggers, debt collectors, maintenance or problem-solving providers, marketing or advertising providers, professional advisors and payment systems operators;
- Our employees, contractors and/or related entities;
- Sponsors or promoters of any competition we run;
- Credit reporting agencies, courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities, in the event you fail to pay for goods or services we have provided to you;
- Courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers, as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights;
- Third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, products, services or direct marketing to you; and
- Third parties to collect and process data.
We may disclose your personal information as required by law or governmental audit.
We may disclose personal information if required:
- by a subpoena or court order;
- to comply with any law;
- to protect the safety of any individual or the general public; and
- to prevent violation of our customer relationship terms.
We may display advertisements from third parties and other content that links to third-party websites. We cannot control or be held responsible for third parties’ privacy practices and content. If you click on a third-party advertisement or link, please understand that you are leaving our websites and any personal data you provide will not be covered by this Policy. Please read their privacy policies to find out how they collect and process your personal data.
International transfers of personal information
The personal information we collect is stored and processed in South Africa according to the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 (POPIA), or where we or our partners, affiliates and third-party providers maintain facilities. By providing us with your personal information, you consent to the disclosure to these overseas third parties.
Where we transfer personal information from South Africa to another country, you acknowledge that third parties in other jurisdictions may not be subject to similar data protection laws to the ones in our jurisdiction. There are risks if any such third party engages in any act or practice that would contravene the data privacy laws in our jurisdiction and this might mean that you will not be able to seek redress under our jurisdiction’s privacy laws. You have a right to delete your account when you are not in agreement with transfer of personal information to another country.
Your rights and controlling your personal information
Restrict: You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us using the details below. If you ask us to restrict or limit how we process your personal information, we will let you know how the restriction affects your use of our website or products and services.
Access and data portability: You may request details of the personal information that we hold about you. You may request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. Where possible, we will provide this information in CSV format or other easily readable machine format. You may request that we erase the personal information we hold about you at any time. You may also request that we transfer this personal information to another third party.
Correction: If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us using our contact us form. We will take reasonable steps to correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or out of date.
Notification of data breaches: We will comply with laws applicable to us in respect of any data breach.
Payments, Advertising and Market Place
It is the user’s responsibility to verify the authenticity of every product and service being advertised or sold by other users of this platform before making payments. When a user makes a payment in response to any advert by users of this platform, the payment will not be coming to us. Therefore, by using this platform you indemnify us against any loss you may incur for any reason including your failure to adequately verify the authenticity, physical location of the supplier of the advertised product or service.
Complaints: If you believe that we have breached a relevant data protection law and wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the alleged breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take to deal with your complaint. You also have the right to contact a regulatory body or data protection authority in relation to your complaint.
Unsubscribe: To unsubscribe from our e-mail database or opt-out of communications (including marketing communications), please contact us using the details below or opt-out using the opt-out facilities provided in the communication. You can also delete your account using the link provided in the profile section of this platform.
We use “cookies” to collect information about you and your activity across our site. A cookie is a small piece of data that our website stores on your computer, and accesses each time you visit, so we can understand how you use our site. This helps us serve you content based on preferences you have specified.
If we or our assets are acquired, or in the unlikely event that we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, we would include data among the assets transferred to any parties who acquire us. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any parties who acquire us may continue to use your personal information according to this policy.
Limits of our policy
Our website may link to external sites that are not operated by us. Please be aware that we have no control over the content and policies of those sites, and cannot accept responsibility or liability for their respective privacy practices.
Changes to this policy
Links to the POPI Act and Information Regulator (South Africa)
Our POPI Compliance Manual Link
To Contact Us
To contact us, use the contact form which is available on the platform and we will revert to you accordingly.
The Information Officer, Rapid Capabilities Int (Pty) Ltd
Last updated 30th June 2021